“NEVER EAT AT A PLACE CALLED MOM’S…” Kids, you have probably heard the advice, “Never play cards with a man called Doc. Never eat at a place called Mom’s. Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own.” It probably goes back a long way, but Nelson Algren (in A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE) is usually given credit for it .
- ULYSSES S. GRANT—-A CIVIL RIGHTS PRESIDENT. (2)
- DANIEL MURPHY’S GREAT HITTING CONTINUES. (2)
- WELLS FARGO—OVER 1.5 MILLION UNAUTHORIZED ACCOUNTS. (1)
- Nick: Meanwhile, it appears that all the employees terminated here were at as low a level as possible. Hard to...
- PEOPLE IN PANDA SUITS SOAKED IN PANDA URINE. (1)
- Nick: This reminds me of when Tanner, who worked at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans for a time, was explaining to me...
- THE PRECISE WORDS FOR DIFFERENT KINDS OF BOGS. (1)
- Dick Weisfelder: We just spent some time just off shore from Lewis in the Hebridies. An unseasonal winter-like storm...
- ‘WHAT IS A PLACEBO FOR DENTAL FLOSS?” (2)
- THE ROOMBA AND THE POOP. (1)
- Dick Weisfelder: A robot lawn mower, working on the random walk principle, mows our lawn in Sweden, even while we are...
- A LIMERICK ABOUT COMMUNISM BY AN HISTORIAN OF COMMUNISM. (1)
- Anonymous: Ha ha ha ,,, but seriously ,,, Wat destruction these evil doers left behind – comparable only to d...
- THE EFFECTS OF PLACEBOS ON PARTICULAR DISEASES. (2)
- Elmer: Why can’t statistical techniques be used to estimate a placebo “function” dependent on...