“NEVER EAT AT A PLACE CALLED MOM’S…” Kids, you have probably heard the advice, “Never play cards with a man called Doc. Never eat at a place called Mom’s. Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own.” It probably goes back a long way, but Nelson Algren (in A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE) is usually given credit for it .
- THE FIRST TIME I SAW TELEVISION. (2)
- HEARING THE BOOS. (1)
- Annalisa: I may be mistaken but as far as I know I’m the first Schaefer to be publicly booed since Grandpa....
- MOST OF WHAT MOVIE DIRECTORS DO IS TO LIMIT WHAT YOU SEE. (1)
- Annalisa: This is actually something we are taught at the Illustration Master Class: include only details that...
- A DANISH JOKE ABOUT MIND AND BODY. (1)
- Stephen: Mind and Body. Reminds me of the Mark Twain story “the wounded soldier” A soldier who has just...
- CHANGING THE BURDEN OF PROOF—NOT “CONCLUSIVELY”. (1)
- Mary Jane Schaefer: Where has common sense gone?
- THE “TwinX”. (1)
- Mary Jane Schaefer: I think the TwinX sounds absolutely revolting.
- THE TwinX AND CALORIE BUDGETS. (1)
- Mary Jane Schaefer: O, reason not the need. . .
- A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENT FROM COMPUTERS. (2)
- THE WISDOM OF SCOTT FITZGERALD. (1)
- Mary Jane Schaefer: After Fitzgerald has written something, the sentence seems inevitable, as if it could not not be.
- WEIRD WALKS OF TODAY. (1)
- Mary Jane Schaefer: I honestly don’t know how long the runway “walk” has been around. It seems...